If there is one thing am VERY guilty of, it's procrastination. And today, after so many years of denying this "vice", i learned a bittersweet lesson.
In a previous blog, i mentioned that i was invited to teach in STC for the summer. The classes ended on May 7, more than a month ago, and it's only now that i am seriously working on my clearance. FYI, even teachers have to comply with some clearance requirements, and in my case, they include a brand new syllabus since the subject was offered in the school for the first time, and the students' final grades! I already submitted the final grades, but not the syllabus because, as a constant excuse, "i've been very busy". Duh. I've been really busy at work, but i did and do have plenty of extra time after six o'clock. For the past two weeks, this lazy mammal has watched teleserye (tv shows) from six to nine in the evening! There were days when i just slept around this time.
Last Saturday, I was finally moved by my conscience. And though i did not feel like doing it, i tried finishing my syllabus and all the other clearance requirements. I was excited to submit all of them this morning only to find out that i did not follow the standard format for the syllabus! This means i need to revise and come back to STC! Arrrgh! I would have realized this had i worked on it earlier. The saddest part is that i could NOT get my pay yet...not yet, until i complied with all the requirements. Poor me.But i guess people need a whack in the head every once in a while. The one i had today was quite a blow :(
So, procrastination, anyone? Hmm, i'll save it for later, ahaha!
In a previous blog, i mentioned that i was invited to teach in STC for the summer. The classes ended on May 7, more than a month ago, and it's only now that i am seriously working on my clearance. FYI, even teachers have to comply with some clearance requirements, and in my case, they include a brand new syllabus since the subject was offered in the school for the first time, and the students' final grades! I already submitted the final grades, but not the syllabus because, as a constant excuse, "i've been very busy". Duh. I've been really busy at work, but i did and do have plenty of extra time after six o'clock. For the past two weeks, this lazy mammal has watched teleserye (tv shows) from six to nine in the evening! There were days when i just slept around this time.
Last Saturday, I was finally moved by my conscience. And though i did not feel like doing it, i tried finishing my syllabus and all the other clearance requirements. I was excited to submit all of them this morning only to find out that i did not follow the standard format for the syllabus! This means i need to revise and come back to STC! Arrrgh! I would have realized this had i worked on it earlier. The saddest part is that i could NOT get my pay yet...not yet, until i complied with all the requirements. Poor me.But i guess people need a whack in the head every once in a while. The one i had today was quite a blow :(
So, procrastination, anyone? Hmm, i'll save it for later, ahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment