I left for Bangkok with a heavy heart. I thought that was the end of our life together. So many questions racked my brain---whose fault was it?...where did I go wrong?...should we end this?...what would life be without him around?
When the plane took off, I couldn't help the tears. I was confused. Hurting. Mad. The feminist in me tried to analyze things and here's what she came up: the bottom line of everything that happened was the patriarchal society which highly favored men more than women...the relationship must end ASAP. (On hindsight, that was not really a very good analysis.) Then the psychologist in me tried to name the situation as the "four-year itch". But damn it, that wasn't just itch I was feeling. That was pain, real and raw!
When I saw him at the meeting point, though, things changed. The hunch that hinted me that something was wrong, was the same hunch that told me that he deserved a second chance. While walking towards him, I knew that despite everything, I love him just the same. No amount of reason could change the decision I made at that very moment. I love him. Period.
Off we went to his place. We talked. We reconciled. We had the best honeymoon ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment