Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Temporary*

I wish I could leave him just like that.
I wish I could.

It is quite unfortunate
That in this game, I am bound to lose.
There is nowhere to go if I’ll leave,
Or so it seems.

But like he always said,
“It’s temporary. The hurting. Grief. Hell.”
Ahhh, the trouble of knowing the business of flirting
Is the awakening of the senses,
Allowing you to read beyond words,
Hear beyond whispers,
Feel the desire at a distance.

And then someone said,
“What you don’t know, won’t hurt you.”
The trouble of not knowing,
Is knowing, eventually.
And that’s painful.

And he tells me it’s nothing
Well excuse me, I am hurting.
Hurting to the bones.
And nothing is so hurting
Than your feelings being ignored,
Consciously or unconsciously,
By the one dearest to you.

I wish I could leave him just like that,
But I can’t.
Not for now.

If this be temporary,
I wish ‘twill be the hurting.
Not the incapacity to let go.

...........................................

*This is a poem I wrote a couple of years back.

No comments: