Sunday, October 4, 2009

A boob-ly story

I was in Victor’s younger sister’s shop yesterday to fit the two cocktail dresses I subjected for repair/adjustment. Like any other woman, I was excited to do the fitting only to find out that something wasn’t just right with the dresses even after they were fixed. Okay, allow me to be blunt about it, it’s my boobs!

Let me backtrack a little bit. The reason why I had one dress fixed was that my boobs just couldn’t hide themselves. Okay, okay. The chest portion was daring (translate open). But if I were less-endowed, it would look just fine. But then am NOT, and so my cleavage just showed itself even without trying.

The other dress was pre-owned by my BFF, Charm. She is bigger, and so I had to have the size adjusted.

Now back to that day at the shop. I stood in front of the mirror wondering what I should do with the problematic chest areas. Pal suggested that we attach foams to cup my breasts and keep them intact.

Around thirty minutes passed. The dresses (already with foams) were ready for fitting. I was excited again only to find out that they still didn’t look nice. The foams were of no help. They didn’t really cup my breasts, or to be exact, they were too small to cup them. The effect? Well, my breasts “ran” sidewards! The problem this time was no longer the couldn’t-hide-itself cleavage, but the protruding sides of my breasts! S C A N D A L O U S!

I gave up. I left the matter to the expert (Pal).

Back to my seat, I wondered… “I was supposed to wear one of those dresses to Jet’s (Victor’s other younger sister) wedding, but with their strong potential for scandal, I better look for alternatives”. Luckily, Jet suggested that I fit the gown that she wore during her grad ball. Voila! Everything was perfect—the size, the length, the color, the style—except for………………the chest area! Miss cleavage couldn’t help herself from screaming, “Hey boys (wink, wink)”. Tita Malou (Viktor’s mom) suggested that we pull the neckline to hide the cleavage a little bit, but then again my breasts “ran” sidewards. Then, Jet and Pal remember a trick that they learned a long time ago. They suggested that I use a masking or a packaging tape so my breasts would behave. I couldn’t really imagine how it would work, but I had no energy to ask. I just decided to “rehearse” before the wedding.

What I’m trying to convey really is…just when you think well-endowed women are lucky, uh well, you are only partly right. I, and at least a couple of well-endowed friends, don’t feel lucky all the time. One reason I just thoroughly explained—picking a dress is a challenge. Second, one cannot just jog, play badminton or do other aerobic activities without the hassle of getting a double protection (bra + sports bra, in my case). Otherwise, as I go jogging, my breasts will also be bouncing like two ready-for-picking solo papayas.

But really girls, we just have to love what we have. Big or small, both have advantages and downsides. And if our boyfriends/husbands/partners really love us, our persons will matter to them more than you-know-what.


No comments: